Welcome To UTPedia

We would like to introduce you, the new knowledge repository product called UTPedia. The UTP Electronic and Digital Intellectual Asset. It stores digitized version of thesis, dissertation, final year project reports and past year examination questions.

Browse content of UTPedia using Year, Subject, Department and Author and Search for required document using Searching facilities included in UTPedia. UTPedia with full text are accessible for all registered users, whereas only the physical information and metadata can be retrieved by public users. UTPedia collaborating and connecting peoples with university’s intellectual works from anywhere.

Disclaimer - Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the usage of any information obtained from this web site.Best viewed using Mozilla Firefox 3 or IE 7 with resolution 1024 x 768.

A Study of Hybrid Solar Air Conditioning

Ishak, Ariff Rahman (2015) A Study of Hybrid Solar Air Conditioning. IRC, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS. (Unpublished)

[img]
Preview
PDF
Download (2149Kb) | Preview

Abstract

In this progress report, it addresses several researches on the hybrid solar air conditioner with its critical component and mechanism. Some calculation has been made to determine the betterment of the proposed system of the solar air conditioner. Nowadays, the necessity of having air conditioner at our home was highly demand at home and in public areas due to the large demand for comfort in the thermal environment of living space in modern society. Since the demand of the air conditioner had increase from year to year and the air conditioner had consumed big amount of electricity to operate, a new system of air conditioner has been discovered and developed which is by adding solar energy. Air-conditioner consumes almost 50% of the primary energy supplied to a building. The cooler the temperature, the bigger the energy or electricity needed to run the airconditioner. 60 % of the power consumed by the air conditioner is used by the compressor whereas the other 40% is used to operate other components in air conditioning. Therefore, by decreasing the consumption of electricity by the compressor may decrease the power consumption of an air-conditioner. This report discusses a new system of air-conditioning to decrease the power consumption that uses the heat energy from the solar collector to support and enhance the heating of refrigerant, thus decrease the work load of the compressor. It focuses on the new system of the air conditioner which is a solar collector, added after the compressor in the air conditioner cycle. The collector used for the experimentations is discussed and evacuated tube solar collector is selected and the refrigerant used is R407. The project showing that the propose design can reduce the power consumption by the air conditioner by about 30% lower than conventional air conditioner.

Item Type: Final Year Project
Academic Subject : Academic Department - Mechanical Engineering - Petroleum
Subject: T Technology > TJ Mechanical engineering and machinery
Divisions: Engineering > Mechanical
Depositing User: Ahmad Suhairi Mohamed Lazim
Date Deposited: 07 Oct 2015 10:18
Last Modified: 25 Jan 2017 09:36
URI: http://utpedia.utp.edu.my/id/eprint/15698

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item

Document Downloads

More statistics for this item...